This weekend I stalked myself into a new friendship. Some of you may have entered into friendship with me in the same, overwhelming way. My potential new friend shared her blog with me, and she had a 100 Things post. It’s a nicely written list that gives a fun insight into Things About You. Inspired, I took a deep breath, and pounded out my own hundred.
I’ll spilt them into four batches, so don’t be too afraid.
100. I can hear or sing a song ten million times a week and not be annoyed.
99. I am not a vegetarian, but I never learned to cook meat.
98. My grandmother said I “looked like a Zulu” when I pierced my nose.
97. I work to admit when my prejudices are activated.
96. A librarian once called me “a fat little pigeon.”
97. The crowd and unbearable heat of Taste of Chicago make me happy.
96. I was better at keeping in touch with old friends before email and smartphones.
95. The dog I grew up with once bit me in the face.
94. Humor is a currency I value highly.
93. My burps can sound as if they came from a linebacker.
92. I don’t know anything about football. Is a linebacker one of the big ones?
91. Everyone should calm down about gender stuff.
90. I hate mushrooms.
89. One time I told a stranger I was recovering from cancer, because she had made an unwelcome comment about me needing a cookie to fatten up. I was not recovering from cancer, but my hair was short enough to pull off the lie.
88. I ended up in Honolulu because no one else at my workplace wanted to go. In February.
87. No, I won’t be having more kids.
86. I miss working with teenagers. I love teen angst.
85. Neighborliness is sacred.
84. Most things that are “scented” confuse me.
83. The man who married my husband and me is named Wiley.
82. I took my shoes off in the middle of my wedding ceremony. I felt faint, and had never worn shoes in my parents living room before. I just had to.
81. Sometimes I am the most fun. Usually I am a stick in the mud.
80. I once said in a job interview I required being able to bring my dog to work occasionally. They still hired me. I did occasionally bring that pooch with me.
79. I’ve moved 17 times in 19 years.
78. I played serious piano growing up.
77. My first CD was purchased for me. It was Pixies: Trompe Le Monde
76. I need surgery on my right wrist. Again. The first cyst got so big even the nurses flinched when they saw it.
Read the next 25 Things.