I hate being pegged or summarized, but I like lists. As such, here is the next installment of 100 Things (about me).
75. I get closer to insects when I see them.
74. A friend made me an original, illustrated origami book of haikus we had texted to one another.
73. Another friend made me a beautiful book of photos and sketches of our shared European travels.
72. Another friend made me a graduation present that was a journal with a lovely letter, and photos of key college places, faces, and memories.
71. My friends are the coolest. I should make a separate list called 100 Things About My Friends.
70. I bought my first car at the age of 34.
69. Eight. The number of phone numbers I know by heart. That includes my own, and a previous employer.
68. My parents laughed when my high school chemistry teacher said I’d make a good scientist. I can see their point. Now that I’m older, I can see his, too.
67. Wind is my least favorite thing about nature.
66. Lilac trees are one of my favorite things.
65. I met my husband in a dog park.
64. My aunt and uncle told me the secret name they chose years ago for their imaginary child is…my child’s name. [Edit: I learned this after The Child was named.]
63. Salty over sweet.
61. People used to come up to me with some frequency and ask me if I knew where to find various illicit substances.
60. I barely know who any celebrities are. I can’t recognize them, let alone name them.
59. Some of my hair is buried in Maryland.
58. I’d like to re-up my Thai massage training.
57. I don’t understand what fabric softener is for.
56. I’m currently a housewife living in a 1950s ranch. I wear an apron when I cook. I’m okay with that.
55. There is a conspiracy involving a bust of JFK in my life.
54. I’ve been stuck up a sycamore tree and a mulberry tree.
53. When I grow up, I’d like to get better sleep.
52. I have a psychic.
51. I made and served John Mellencamp his lunch. I didn’t know it at the time (see #60).
See the next 25 Things.